We are on a mission to be the name in craft cannabis. We can’t do that without great people. Are you ready?
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Founded in Hamilton, Ontario in 2014, Radicle Medical Marijuana is a licensed Cannabis Company under the Cannabis Act. Radicle and Gage have a mission to become the leader in the craft cannabis segment with the highest standards in social responsibility and ethical business practices and is a proud platinum member of the Ontario Living Wage Program. The company’s world-class cannabis team produces premium indoor small-batch cannabis that is hydroponically grown. Radicle/Gage received its grower’s license in January 2018.
The Quality Assurance Technician, under the direction of the Head of Quality is primarily responsible for the monitoring and quality control of cannabis production and extraction processes. The role will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Cannabis Act and Good Production Practices (GPP).
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures are being strictly followed at all times
- Ensure compliance with Cannabis Act
- Assist implement and maintain GPP
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures
- Perform in-process QA inspections and ensure that all activities within production area are executed as per defined SOPs
- Adopt and incorporate quality methods into everyday work
- Maintain QA control documentation
- Identify relevant QA training needs and opportunities
- Conduct QC tests and create reports in compliance with corporate policies, practices, and procedures
- Assist with the maintenance of QA monitoring programs, including Temperature, Humidity, In-process checks, Production logs
- Conduct inspection of in-coming materials for production and ensure they are by approved by Quality before usage
- Ensure that refuse and cannabis products are managed or destroyed in accordance with Cannabis Act
- Complete inspection reports on production equipment, sanitation practices, and production areas
- Ensure that staff training is complete for SOPs and GPP
- Recommend and initiate (upon approval from the Supervisor) corrective action and change controls
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Manager or Head of the Dept.
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation
- Enforcing Rules and Regulations
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Results Orientation
- Ethics and Integrity
- At least three years of work experience in a quality assurance role in pharmaceutical, food, or related industry
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in biological science (chemistry, biology, pharmacology)
- Previous experience with extraction equipment
- Knowledge of Cannabis Act and other cannabis regulations is an asset
- Experience with an organization regulated by HACCP Canada or experience in a similarly regulated environment (GMP, GAP, GPP)
- Ability to follow strict operating procedures
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Dedication to safety measures and best practices
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- High level of integrity and work ethic
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.